Monday, February 19, 2007

She left me in stitches

My 8 yr. old ran into a tree while sledding. She now has 8 stitches, a big swollen eye, some other scrapes and cuts, and corneal abrasions.

She's worried that the kids at school will not want to be around her because her eye is swollen. She's also worried that some kids will say mean things.

I'm not even sure she'll go to school tomorrow. I'll wait and see how she's feeling when she wakes up.

What an eventful President's Day!

7 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Uh-oh! Poor kid! Hope she will be feeling better soon and hopefully it will not be as bad she thinks.

Kathy M said...

YIKES! Tell her they will probably think she is a tough chick. Be sure to use lots of sun screen after you get the stitches out so it doesn't scar.

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh no! Poor thing. I hope she's better!!

Anonymous said...

ouch! .. hope your dd is feeling better and the meanies don't come.

Angie said...

Oh.. I hope she is better. Do like Kathy says and keep sunscreen on the place that has the stitches after they are removed for the first year and use mederma cream and you won't be able to notice it. Also massage the scar so the scar tissue won't build up behind it. I wish I had known this when my dd split her forehead open! big hugs to both of u!

Deborah said...

Poor thing! Tell her that scars are sexy!

Leah said...

Ow...ouch! I hope she is feeling better.