Monday, August 27, 2007

Easy triangle shawl

I knitted this shawl for my sister, and I think she really loves it. (She seemed to enjoy modeling it, at least!) When I gave it to her, I hadn’t woven in the ends because I hadn’t decided whether to add fringe (and I figured the ends could be part of the fringe).



This is my first shawl ever. It’s an easy triangle shawl--a prayer shawl--knitted with Homespun yarn (which I think was the biggest challenge). The Homespun feels wonderful against the skin, so the shawl is so soft and cozy.



My sister thinks she wants fringe, but I’m told Homespun yarn frays terribly and looks horrible as fringe, so I’m trying a couple of different ideas to see if they’ll work. If not, the shawl will go fringeless.



Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, Wendy!!! You have a very lucky sister!