Saturday, January 13, 2007

I think I found my “word”.


I’m not up-to-date with the blogs I frequent or the awesome scrapbook newsletters that I subscribe to, but I know that everyone is abuzz with Ali Edward’s “one little word” idea for 2007.

I have waited until the right word spoke to me…the word I could embrace for an entire year. The word that would reflect how I want to live my life – this year and beyond.

I have chosen the word “serenity”. There are other goals I want (and need) to meet in order to reach a state of consistent serenity, so I think this is the perfect word for me.

Here are some definitions I’ve found. I like them all!

-Serenity: (n) peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, repose, ataraxis (the absence of mental stress or anxiety)

-also: (n) repose, quiet, placidity, tranquility (a disposition free from stress or emotion)

-noun 1. the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.


Serenity now!

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

That's a great word too, Wendy! I chose Serendipity (thanks to Patti on SBA for this one).