Yesterday, my daugther missed soccer practice because I had two huge deadlines that ran a little late, and I just couldn't get out of the house in time. She had a meltdown. She was really looking forward to going.I felt terrible. Ideally, work would never get in the way of my children's activities. Incidents like this could easily breed resentment. But, at least I have a job and an income, so I try to remember that and be thankful.
We decided to make the most of the evening and have some FUN. We drove through McDonald's, snuck some food into the movie theater, and saw Mr. Bean's Holiday. It was a school night ::shock and awe::, so we were the only people in the theater. That scared my 6 yr. old son at first, but we quickly realized that we could talk and walk around because there was no one to disturb! (There were lots of subtitles, so it was great that we could read them out loud.)
About 20 minutes into the movie, my son pulled out his Nintendo DS and played it for the rest of the movie. We all had a great time, and we definitely needed the stress detox.
3 comments:
How fun is that? I bet they remember that more than missing soccer practice!
Sounds like a great evening
I bet your daughter forgot all about missing practice!
It's too bad you can't carpool with someone for next time. This way you wouldn't get stressed about it.
I was thinking maybe a carpool too for those moments, we all have them!
You really picked up the evening for them, what a great way to spend some time.
Post a Comment