Monday, March 31, 2008

Did some online shopping

I had some gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket last night. I don't know why, exactly. I've had 3 of them since Christmas, and one of them since last June. But last night, I was determined to do some shopping.

So I was off to Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. I discovered some interesting cost comparisons. Even as a member at B&N, which afforded me approx. 15% discount on my purchases, the costs for the books I wanted were about 20% higher at B&N than at Amazon.

My other big dilemma: Buy new from Amazon or buy "new or used" from one of the Amazon sellers for a FRACTION of the cost (but pay $3.99 per book for shipping). So many decisions, so few gift certificate dollars to spend.

So, anyway, I wound up purchasing 9 books last night: 3 each from Amazon, B&N, and Amazon sellers. I only paid shipping on the books from the Amazon Sellers, but I saved at least $15 each on the books I ordered from the sellers, so it was worth it, overall.

5 Scrapbooking or Cardmaking books
3 Science Fiction/Fantasy books
1 Historical Fiction book

(One of the SciFi books that I ordered was recommended to me right here on my blog. Thanks, Genevieve, for the suggestion!)

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Oooh, cool on the books, Wendy! Enjoy them.

p.s. Like the new ring look!!