Monday, March 10, 2008

Something new and totally different for me...

I just got my first Mac! I've always used PCs and Windows-based laptops. Can't wait to dive into the world of Macdom. :)



9 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

Congrats! I have a Dell, but have several friends who love, love, love using Mac.

I would LOVE to try the iMovie stuff. Have fun figuring it all out. I'd love to hear if you like it better than the PC.

Hafeeza said...

Have fun with your new toy!!!!

Michelle Quinno said...

oooh, isn't she perty!! Enjoy it!

Maia said...

ooohhhhh .. nice !!!

Is this the "Air" ? non-theless it looks so sleek. DH has a mac and I love to use it especially for looking into bank statements etc.

Anonymous said...

oops.. sorry, that was me but my main blog is not in blogger. ;-)
take care Wendy !

Juls said...

Wow, how cool is that MAC. Let us know how you like it.

P.S. You are too funny, you know that scalloped thing that you forgot... Oh, and 53K (trailer) and no not incredibly rude to ask, don't worry! :D

BeckyKay said...

Enjoy!

I keep drooling everytime the Mac Air comes on TV, but DH assures me that I don't really need it...

BTW, in answer to your question about my layouts: I sort of use sketches. Basically, I scraplift, but not completely. I take the basic layout and adapt it to my needs. I figure I'm not in it to get published, so I might as well make use of all those magazines I've subscribed to! LOL!

Unknown said...

Maia,

This is the Pro (rather than the Air). It's awesome, but I still have little idea how to use it.

I'm a lot more empathetic to people who aren't comfortable with using computers or are learning for the first time. I still have a huge advantage: when it comes to figuring out how to get a task done, at least I know it CAN be accomplished, I just have to figure out HOW to do it on a Mac!

Thanks for visiting!
-Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy!

Yer gonna love your Macbook Pro. Photobooth can get a littel addicting and is really fun to do family portraits on. My DS loves to make stop action movies with Photobooth stills.

You asked about a Sci Fi book on SBA, so I thought I'd mention my fave here. City by Clifford Simak is good. I think it is way out of print but the library should have it.

FSM (Genevieve)