Saturday, October 07, 2006

What a week!

I have so much to blog about. Too much! I'll try to give a brief overview.

Thanks to Katherine Brooks' blog enabling, I purchased the Pages By Design system during a huge Deluxe Designs sale. Since the sale was so big, it took a couple of weeks for the package to arrive. I'm loving looking through everything and can't wait till life slows down enough for me to use it!



My 5 yr. was chasing his sister at their grandma's house. He slid and fell full-force into the corner of a wooden microwave cabinet. We spent Friday night at the ER getting five stitches in the gash on his forehead. Everyone says, "Well, he is a boy!" so I guess I have a lot more accidents, bumps, bruises, and stitches in our future. (No pics 'cuz I was too embarassed to carry my SLR camera to the ER! If I can figure out how to get the pics off my cell phone, I'll be set.)

Today, my husband had to get some electronics, and he surprised me when he came home with an awesome new portable DVD player and a new webcam. I have a portable DVD player that's a few years old, but he said when he saw it, "I knew you had to have it." Is he sweet, or what? I used to teach free online scrapbook/cardmaking classes through a yahoo group, so he got me a new webcam with a stand. I'll have to find a new use for this new webcam since I don't teach anymore!

Here's the DVD player (the pic is from Sony's website):



Here's the webcam (from Logitech's website):



So, hopefully, I'll actually have something crafty to post here soon! Layouts or cards or something! Peace out.

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, surprises are great, especially when they are fun toys like portable DVD players and webcams! How exciting :) We love gadgets in our house, sounds like you guys do too :)

Sorry about the bump and stitches, hope he is doing good now. I imagine you may have a little more of that in your future, definitely!

Linda Murphy said...

Oooh, hope your little guy is on the mend. From all I've heard, boys are pretty rough and tumble, I am waiting to see what's in store for us. Hope he is feeling better!

And oooh,congrats on your fun toys to play with, what a terrific DH! Enjoy them!

Michelle Quinno said...

What a guy!

So glad your little guy is ok. Yes, I hate to tell you how many trips we've made with my youngest son. But on a good note, I don't think we've ever made an er trip with my 20 yo son!