I suppose it could be tricky to do some special sort of journaling, poetry, hidden messages, etc. But it is very easy for me to look at a photo or group of photos and write down the story that the photos tell me. I suppose the only difficulty would be if I totally forgot any details about the photo.
Anyway, I realize it is truly challenging for some people to journal. But for me, if scrapbooking only consisted of gluing some photos to paper and writing down my thoughts or memories surrounding the photos, I could scrapbook 5 layouts a day or MORE!
So, what makes it so hard? It’s the artistic aspect. The rules of design. The millions of papers, cardstocks, and embellishments. The pressure to make the layout “publishable” (even though I don’t send in layouts for publication). The thought that if I shared my layout on a blog or message board or gallery, people would look at it and go, “Ew!” or “I could do so much better than that.”
Should…that…even…matter?
I
think
NOT!!!
Maybe, just maybe, I should just glue some photos to paper and tell the story behind them. In its simplest form, isn’t that what scrapbooking is really all about?
1 comment:
Yes, absolutely, Wendy!! I totally agree with you. Just get it done and don't worry about what anyone else thinks!
Post a Comment