I recently began reading the blog of a male scrapbooker. I don't know any male scrapbookers, online or IRL, so that alone made me want to stop and read his blog. He posted about two types of scrapbookers, one who scraps for the memories and one who scraps for the memories with the hopes of being published. His post had more to it, but that part struck a chord with me. Here's my response that I posted:
"Well said. I'm the type that wants to capture memories, but I was exposed to SB message boards and idea books when I first started scrapbooking (7 years ago). I feel the pressure to design the perfect, publish-worthy page, but I don't have the technique or skills to create that type of page. The result? I feel paralyzed and get no pages done at all. "
In addition, I have years and years worth of supplies that I've collected and not used. With each new tool, embellishment, kit, etc., I thought "THIS is what I need to start getting my pages done!" But it's not the products. It's the pressure I feel to pick the perfect colors and create the perfect design for every layout.
So, what I'm going to do is this: I'm going to scrapbook 20 layouts in one week. I'm going to do them just for me...I'm not going to post or share them with anyone. But they will be done. That's my personal challenge.
3 comments:
That's an excellent idea, Wendy! I should do the same!
p.s. there are 2 on the SBA ring that don't have the link to go on. One is Angie and I can't remember the other. I always have to go back and hit random. Oh well! It's fun anyway.
I really like that idea - I scrap for myself sometimes, but more often than not I do think about making it good enough to share with other. Sad, but true. I should try to do more scrapping just for me. Good luck on your pages!
Wendy, I am so happy to hear you FINALLY are scrapbooking for you and not be concerned what others might say.
You might not be Becky Higgins (or whomever the hot scrapbook star is this year)but you are a very talented woman with your own style and ability of capturing the essence of the memories that are most important.
I am sad to hear you are not going to share your layouts with anyone. I am always touched by reading the journal on your pages and seeing the pictures of your kids.
Love ya
Tee
Post a Comment