Friday, November 17, 2006

Oh, goodie, goodie!

Today is my son's 6th birthday. (In the words of the illustrious Stacy Julian, "Yippy Skippy!") I was recently blog surfing and came across this post about kiddie goodie bags (what great timing!) Goodie Bag Idea. I thought that this blogger had some good points about sending stuff home that kids might actually use and enjoy, so I borrowed some of her ideas and made my son's goodie bags.

Each bag has a little notebook, decorative pencil, a curly straw, and some stickers. I made a label with each child's name on the computer, and my son decided which classmate would get each bag.



I put a Happy Birthday sticker on Christopher's bag.



He and his 8 yr. old sister helped to stuff the bags. They made sure that the boys didn't get girly stickers or a girly pencil (that was funny to watch!). 25 bags later (plus 2 extra -- just in case), and a tray of 30 cupcakes, my son is a happy camper.



When we walked in with the goodies this morning, the kids Ooohed and Aaahed. I can't wait till Christopher comes home to tell me all about his little classroom birthday celeberation.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Those goody bags are cute. I'm sure they were a huge hit with the kids. It's so hard to see our babies grow up!

Linda Murphy said...

Love the goody bags, what fun for the kids. Happy birthday to your son and I hope he has a wonderful day!

Lain said...

So cute! And good for you for doing something different... doesn't Aby have great ideas??
xoxox
Lain

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous, and i love thb its and pieces in them :)

{Amanda} said...

how is he that old already??!! oh man!!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Those are SO cute, Wendy! I just finally found your post today. Thanks for the info. You had a LOT of kids!