Saturday, June 16, 2007

6-16-07 PhotoHunt : Hair

My daughter's hair is naturally soft and somewhere between wavy and kinky. So combing her hair (especially after I washed it) was a harrowing experience. She was already dealing with some other issues (rampant eczema and allergies), so I finally decided that she deserved some relief wherever I could provide it.

My hairdresser doesn't like to put chemicals in kids' hair when they are very young, but I threatened to do it myself at home, so she finally caved. She gave Alexis a texturizer, which is like a relaxer, but you don't let it straighten the hair too much so it retains some of it's natural wave.

As a scrapbooker, I naturally took along my camera to document the event. :)


PSHunt

This week’s theme: Hair


Before


After the texturizer was rinsed out


Smiling because it doesn't hurt like @(#$*!! to get her wet hair combed out


Getting blown dry. (I think I'm gonna like this!)


Yay! That went so WELL!




And after a trim and some curls...a cute little hairdo!



Join the blogroll. Visit participants.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful, with a beautiful head of hair--great photos!

Yvette A said...

WOW what a pretty girl you have, love how here hair turned out.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!! Love her hair.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I'm glad you're both happy with the new product and the new "do". She is a very beautiful young gal.

Drop by my lair,
If you dare,
To see my hair.
This post has flair!
And you're aloud to stare,
Even laugh, over there.

srp said...

She is so beautiful! And such a sophisticated hairdo... she must feel so grown up now!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, she is ADORABLE, Wendy! Glad the new "do" worked out! She's adorable with or without the curls.

Glad your back is somewhat better!

BeckyKay said...

Very cute hairstyle! Looks fantastic!

Paulie said...

What a great decision for you and your daughter! I love it. So glad she is happy too.

Come see my entry,

Paulie said...

What a great decision for you and your daughter! I love it. So glad she is happy too.

Come see my entry,

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful child and I like the new after 'do too. Glad you liked the dredlocks 'cause so did I. Thanks for stopping by.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Awww, she's gorgeous and looks so happy!

Mine is up late!
http://burnettfamnews.blogspot.com/2007/06/photo-hunters-hair.html

Michelle said...

Love your daugther's new hairdo. She is so cute. I know what you mean about pain of getting a brush through their hair. My daugther has very long hair & it is not a fun experience to brush sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I've only just come across your post, and I know it's a week late, but your daughter is so lovely I just had to comment! Beautiful hair-do and a beautiful girl.